I just read about some useful tips on the Yoplait Vanilla Yogurt container. They listed 5 great ways to enjoy yogurt. You can be creative and use a different flavor of yogurt, but I think these were meant for vanilla yogurt. Here they are:
1. Make a Parfait – Layer yogurt, granola or cereal and fresh fruit.
2. Substitute Yogurt – for whipping cream, milk, sour cream or buttermilk in muffins and breads. Omit vanilla in the recipe.
3. Fruit Tart – Combine yogurt with any fresh cut-up fruit and grated orange or lemon zest. Spoon into purchased pie or cake tarts; top with fresh berries, kiwi chunks and chopped nuts.
4. Kid’s Dirt Cup – Combine equial parts yogurt and chocolate pudding. Top with crushed Cocoa Puffs cereal, or chocolate wafer cookie crumbs and a gummy worm. (I personally prefer Oreo cookie crumbs for the “dirt” part.)
5. Vanilla Whip – Combine yogurt and vanilla pudding mix (dry); stir in reduced-fat whipped topping and fresh or thawed frozen raspberries.
My favorite way to eat vanilla yogurt is with fresh or frozen blueberries, especially when I get to share it with my grand-daughter (it’s her favorite, too).
I’m thinking that I’m more likely to have yogurt in the fridge than buttermilk, so that tip about substituting yogurt for buttermilk might come in handy (might be better than the old “add a tsp. of vinegar to regular milk to make buttermilk” thing).
There are many more ways to use yogurt at yoplait.com. Check it out!